CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 27, 2012

Last Few Days

Last night was kinda tough for me. First I had to finish my 10 page paper that was due today and secondly I was just reminded that John's days left are numbered here..it got me so sad and thinking that I have to make a huge effort to make his days left the best ones. We usually do a lot of stuff together but I think this coming weekend might be the last weekend he'll have here so I'm going to try and plan something awesome for us to do. 
On a positive note, only 11 more days until my best friend flies up here to North Carolina and we drive to Virginia! I'm soo excited! 10 days on vacation with my best friends is going to be amazing. :)

Here is the date on my dry erase calendar:

:)


Another thing that happened last night was making the next delicious meal! 
I got it from Pinterest, of course! Its called Spicy Shrimp Scampi

Ingredients:
4tbsp butter
2tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves of minced garlic
1lb raw peeled and deveined shrimp
1/2c white wine
1 1/2 lemons (for juice)
4 dashes of hot sauce
dash of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
8oz angel hair pasta
chopped parsley
graded (or shredded) Parmesan

Directions:
Boil water for pasta. Heat oil and melt 2tbsp of butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add shrimp, wine, remaining butter, salt and pepper, hot sauce and red pepper flakes cook for 2 minutes then reduce heat to low. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until almost done. Drain while keeping 1c of pasta water. Add pasta into skillet then add water as needed to thin (you probably won't need it). Mix thoroughly then serve topping it with parsley and cheese. 


Its super yum!!
Hope everyone had a good Monday!
<3
-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment