CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Two New Recipes!

I have two new and awesome recipes to share with y'all! The first one is Panera Bread's Broccoli Cheese Soup that I got from a recipe book called America's Most Wanted Recipes by Ron Douglas. It super delicious!

Ingredients:
1/2 medium onion, chopped
5tbsp butter, melted
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1c half-and-half
1c milk
2c chicken broth
8oz broccoli, chopped 
1c shredded carrots
salt and pepper
2c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Directions:
Saute the onion in 1tbsp of the melted butter. Set aside.
Using a whisk, combine the remaining butter and the flour in a large pot and cook over medium heat stirring frequently for about 4 minutes. 
Slowly add the half and half, continue stirring. Add the chicken broth while whisking. Simmer for about 20 minutes. 
Add the broccoli, carrots, onion. Cook over low heat until veggies are tender, about 20-40 minutes (depending on how you like your veggies)
Salt and pepper to taste.
By now the soup should be thick, use a hand mixer or a blender mix soup until puree is thin as you'd like. 
place over low heat and add the cheese and nutmeg, stir until well blended. 


Due to the time crunch that John and I were on the veggies weren't as soft as I would have hoped but it was still soo good!



The next meal we had was Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie!
I got it from a book that my Meme and Papaw got of me from Savannah and signed by Paula Deen herself! Its called The Lady & Sons, Too! 



I added a few of my own ingredients and changed some directions a little bit*
Ingredients:
2c chopped cooked chicken breast
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced 
1/2 c of thinly sliced carrots
1/2c sliced celery*
1/2c frozen peas
1/2c corn kernels*
1/2c chicken broth* (her recipe calls for 1c)
1-10.5oz can cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper
1 can of butter milk biscuits* (her recipe calls for biscuit mix and milk)
3tbsp melted butter* (hers calls for 1 stick)

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 and grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, celery, peas, and corn. Mix together the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup until blended, salt and pepper if needed,  then pour on top of layers. Place biscuits (or biscuit mix, mixed with milk) on top of layers. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes. 



I baked it for about 50 minutes because the middle didn't seam to get hot enough, the best advise I can give is to make it to your own liking. 



On a completely separate note, my best friend Brittany just recently got engaged! I asked her last night if I could throw her and Keegan an engagement party, and she said yes! I am so thrilled and I couldn't be happier for her and Keegan so I am so blessed to be able to do this for her. I'm going to make it the best party ever! :) 
I only have about 11 more days of school until Spring Break so I have to bust my butt for those last days so I can stay ahead and won't be overwhelmed when I get back. I can't wait until Spring Break, especially for being able to spend the whole week with my two very best friends, Paige and Megan! 

<3
-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment