CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

New things are on the rise


Last night John and I visited Italy for just a quick meal! Haha this meal may look like it takes time, but honestly it only takes about 20 minutes and there is no chopping or slicing involved (unless you add chicken). This meal is actually Olive Garden's recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo, I've never had that at an actual restaurant because 1-I usually get soup and 2-why pay for it when you can make it for MUCH cheaper? The book I got the recipe from is called America's Most Wanted Recipes, if you've never heard of it then you shouold definitely go to the bookstore and ch-check it out!
Here is the recipe for this delicious meal:

Ingredients:
1 box/bag/pound fettuccine 
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream 
1 cup grated (or shredded) Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated (or shredded) Romano cheese 
6 egg yolks
1 tsp garlic powder
parsley for garnish
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Cook the pasta according to the package. Meanwhile, heat the milk and cream in a large sauce pan until the mixture comes to a simmer. 
2. Slowly whisk in the cheeses and remove from heat.
3. Place the yolks into a bowl and spoon in the milk mixture into the bowl and whisk throughly, then pour the yolk mixture into the milk mixture. Taste (tip: this will have a slightly eggy taste, don't freak!) Season with salt and pepper. 
4. Add the cooked pasta into the mixture. Sprinkle the garlic powder into the mixture and stir until sauce is thick and cheesy enough for you.
Serve hot and sprinkle with parsley.

Cook time: 20ish minutes 
Prep time: less than 5

The kicker is really the garlic powder so don't forget it. Also, the REAL recipe calls for 1/2 cup of each of the cheeses but I doubled it because it just tastes better. If you'd like to add chicken to this recipe then I would advise cooking the chicken ahead of time so you aren't waiting around for it. 
Try this recipe! Its awesome!


Next topic, I've posted another picture of my sweet puppy because he's just awesome and this picture makes him look so innocent. haha



I'm thinking about cutting my hair this way? I really LOVE these bangs and this whole style, plus I can keep my hair the length it is now..any comments?

Its time for me to make my first major announcement...
My birthday is in ONE week! That's right Super Bowl Sunday will also mean Megan's 21st, if you need my address to send me gift just let me know. Haha KIDDING! 
Hope everyone has a fabulous, relaxing Sunday and great upcoming week!
-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment