CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pizza Anyone?

Oh my goodness! The dinner I made last night was a much bigger hit than I thought it was going to be! John was surprisingly in love with the whole thing and said I shouldn't change anything about it. YUM! I got this idea from my friend Annie, who made something similar so I just switched some things up and tested some new items. 

Ok so here's how this delicious meal is made..
Ingredients:
4 whole wheat pitas
5 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese
Baby spinach leaves
1/2 a tomato, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
11/2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
1 strip of bacon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 
1 tsp basil 
1 tsp oregano
salt
pepper
grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook the bacon where its crisp on both sides then chop. Meanwhile, add tomato slices, zucchini, and celery into a bowl with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Mix together so all veggies have some season. Add bacon to the mixture. 
3. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. 
4. Slice the mozzarella as thin as possible.
5. Take the pitas and lay them out flat and start topping (bottom to top). Oil/vinegar mixture, mozzarella, spinach leaves, zucchini, celery, bacon, tomato. 

Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.

Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes




The final product!

It was sooo delicious!
John actually said it could have gone without the bacon which was kind of surprising but it was still good with it. I definitely recommend you try this meal out and add some of your own things onto this. It would also be good for a lunch or heated up leftovers! John and I each ate 2 (he probably could've eaten all 4) so they really aren't very big. 



On another note, school is in full swing now and I'm hoping I don't get too overwhelmed. Next week, I'm going on post and going to start getting really active in volunteering. I would really love to meet some new people and especially some new wives for when the hubs is driving me insane..haha I'm really excited! 
I hope everyone has a great Saturday! 
<3
-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment