CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 27, 2012

Updated and Renovated

It's been a few days since my last post because I've been waiting for the internet! Haha and now that we finally have it I can get back to updating. I'm going to start posting the food I cook for dinner with a recipe attached because I like to take normal dishes and give them my own twist, whether it be large or small. I'll post the dinner from the previous night so I can give y'all a better view of what actually went down. Haha
Ok well this one is going to have dinner from Wednesdsay night and last night:
Wednesday night:
Tomato Tortellini Soup
I got this recipe from Pinterest here: Tomato Tortellini Soup
It was very delicious, I was skeptical about making it because I'm not the biggest fan of tomato soup but I wanted to be open minded.

I had sent John to the store with the grocery list.. (AHH) and instead of getting cheese tortellini as the recipe calls for, he got chicken and prosciutto. It actually gave the dish more flavor and something extra. Everyone should try this dish!


Last night:
Roast with Veggies

This dish is a combination of the way my mom makes it and a recipe I got out of Campbell's Slow Cooker Recipes book. Some things are slightly adjusted size-wise because there are only two of us eating so I brought the portions way down and we still have left overs.

Ingredients:
2 pound chuck roast
3 small white potatoes, quartered
1 medium yellow onion, skin off and cut into wedges
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 bag of baby carrots
5 cups of water
1 packet of onion soup mix
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp of basil
salt
pepper
(this is the soup mix I use, it comes in a box with 2 packets, found in the soup isle NOT the gravy packet isle)

Directions:
1. Take a large saute pan, sprinkle both sides of the roast with garlic powder and cook until slightly brown on both sides. Meanwhile, take all your veggies, basil, onion soup packet, and 2 cups of water and place them into your crock pot.  Cook on medium low until roast is brown.
2. Take the roast and place it on top of the veggies with the remaining water (water may vary, the level must reach the top of the roast). Turn the heat up to medium (6 hours) and let sit.
Check on the roast and move veggies periodically, add salt and pepper when needed.

Cook time: 6-8 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
This is the finished product! It was amazing!
THANKS MOM!


Today John and I are going shopping! Finally, getting some things we need for this place :)
Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment